Friday, December 2, 2011

Dad's First Shopping Lesson

My 17 year old daughter recently took my advice on the subject of finding deals in a clothing store. I said, "When you come into the store look for the sale signs. And if you can find something you like in that area, get it and go. " My daughter doesn't listen to me about much, but I have made her a bargain hunter.

Of course, most of the items on a sales rack are there because they are ugly. When I was 17, I spent many an afternoon browsing record albums in the discount bin. You have to look at lots and lots of junk before finding the diamond in the rough. But I always hoped that the next rack might contain a looked over deal. And every now and then, I struck gold.

Hunting for bargains is a mindset. It prevents you from paying full price for ANYTHING. Try it and you'll see: it's like a treasure hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment